Prep 18 mins
Cook 10 mins
As Salmon is about the only fish that is available to me since I have moved from the coast I'm always trying it with different things. I quite like this way, it's simple and tasty.
- 1 1⁄3 cups couscous
- 2 1⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, make into tight bundle and slice very finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb salmon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon wedge
- Combine couscous and broth in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and let stand for about 10 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Add the next 8 ingredients to the couscous, mixing thoroughly.
- Heat the grill or broiler. Grill or broil the salmon for 4-5 on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve salmon with couscous vegetable salad. Place lemon wedge on plates for individual use.
Three of us realy enjoyed this for tinights dinner, a complete meal. I made for 3 but scaled the couscous size back for 2 serves which was more than enough for 3 of us though I did add some extra vegies in some red finely diced red capsicum and a finely sliced red eschallot and I cut the zucchini slices into quarters as I knew it was the only way I would get one party (the DM) to eat it (she did other than the rind [wich I left on]). For the salmon I had skinless fillets and just sauted them in a little oil in a fryin pan. Thank You Annacia, made for Went To Market.
I'm not a fan of couscous, but DH is. I made it for myself cause I saw it was healthy. And I'm glad I did. For the couscous salad, I omitted the garlic. I used one large tomato. Instead of cilantro, I used italian parsley, omitted the mint. I used only 1 tbs of olive oil. It's yummy. Even DS likes it. I was surprised. For the salmon I made this recipe : recipe#132655. It was great together. Thanks Annacia. Made for Market tag.
Great dinner, we really enjoyed this, it was so simple and easy to put together, it took no time at all and with wonderful results. I do go a little heavier on the cilantro but when I added the mint to the salad it brought out all the flavours! As for the salmon I just sprinkled it with a little pepper and put them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 450 degrees then sprinkled both the salad and the salmon with fresh lemon juice. I will definitely be making this again, thanks!