1/2 Photos of Salmon With Couscous
A quick weeknight dinner for two. Healthy, too! Serve with steamed green beans or carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (4 ounce) salmon fillets, 1-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 orange slices, thin
- 1 cup broccoli floret (very small pieces)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup regular couscous or 1/2 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly coat a nonstick baking pan with cooking spray or olive oil.
- 2Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towel. Season with lemon pepper.
- 3Place fish in prepared pan, tucking under any thin edges. Drizzle with soy sauce. Arrange orange slices on top of fish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 8 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine broccoli, broth, water, garlic and salt. Bring to just boiling; reduce heat and cover pan. Simmer about 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in the couscous, remove pan from heat and cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 6To serve, spoon couscous mixture onto a serving platter (or divide between two plates). Arrange fish and orange slices on top of couscous.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 351.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: