A quick weeknight dinner for two. Healthy, too! Serve with steamed green beans or carrots.
Make and share this Salmon With Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (4 ounce) salmon fillets, 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 orange slices, thin
- 1 cup broccoli floret (very small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup regular couscous or 1⁄2 cup whole wheat couscous
- Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly coat a nonstick baking pan with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towel. Season with lemon pepper.
- Place fish in prepared pan, tucking under any thin edges. Drizzle with soy sauce. Arrange orange slices on top of fish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 8 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine broccoli, broth, water, garlic and salt. Bring to just boiling; reduce heat and cover pan. Simmer about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the couscous, remove pan from heat and cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon couscous mixture onto a serving platter (or divide between two plates). Arrange fish and orange slices on top of couscous.