1/4 Photos of Salmon With Coriander/Cilantro Mango Salsa
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is very versatile it can be served as a main course with a salad for a light, healthy summer time meal or it can be served as a appetizer, or as part of a buffet style meal along with other dishes. I have made this a few times now both as a main and also as part of a BBQ when I had 40 people over, it is always received well. I have listed the weight below as 1kg and I feel this would serve 4-5 as a main with a nice green salad and some crusty bread and about 10 as an appetizer or as part of a buffet style meal. Cooking time does not including resting time or chilling time if you choose that option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray or olive oil
- 1 kg salmon fillet
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 14.79 ml olive oil, extra
- ground sea salt
- ground black pepper
- coriander sprig, for garnish (optional)
- lemon wedge, for garnish (optional)
Coriander (Cilantro) Mango Salsa
- 1Make salsa first by combining lemon juice, dressing and honey in a screw top jar, shake to combine.
- 2Combine dressing with remaining ingredients in a glass bowl, refrigerate until needed. Salsa can be made up to 2 hours ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
- 4Pre-Heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 5Place salmon in an oven proof dish, that has been lightly greased with either cooking spray or oil.
- 6Brush salmon with olive oil, squeeze lemon over salmon, Sprinkle with ground sea salt and pepper.
- 7Bake for 30-35 Min's or until fish flakes easily, cooking time will vary depending on thickness of the salmon.
- 8Remove salmon from pan, allow to cool for 15 minutes. Either serve now, lukewarm, or refrigerate salmon for at least 2 hours to chill. Will last longer but chill no more than 24 hours. (I have done both and both are equally nice.).
- 9To Serve: Place salmon on a serving platter, Spoon small amounts of salsa over, garnish with lemon and coriander sprigs. Serve remaining salsa in a bowl on the side.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Coriander/Cilantro Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 156.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 43.0 g