Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the February 09 issue of Readers Digest. It's healthy and tasty, hope you give it a try!
- cooking spray (optional)
cilantro pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, process the pesto ingredients for15 -20 seconds, or until slightly chunky.
- Place the fillets about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Spread the pesto evenly over the top of the fillets. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until fish easily flakes when tested with a fork.
I just added this recipe to "Favorites to Make Again and Again" cookbook. Really loved this recipe - I made it exactly as the recipe called for and doesn't need tweaking at all!!! So easy to make - I served it with roasted asparagus and baked potatoes. Made for Spring PAC 2009.