Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
An alternate cooking method is listed last. From a supermarket recipe brochure.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 -3 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- nonstick cooking spray, kosher
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime (to garnish)
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator 15 minute before cooking. Heat grill to 375°F
- Stir honey and chipotle puree in a small bowl until well combined.
- Cut 2 pieces of wide, heavy-duty aluminum foil about 6-in. longer than the salmon side. Stack the foil pieces (shiny side down) on a baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, in the middle of the foil. Fold the foil sides and ends up (1 to 2-in.) to make a shallow pan around the salmon, leaving at least a 1-in. margin around the fish. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Carefully transfer the foil pan to the center of the preheated grill. Do not cover the salmon or close the foil over the salmon. Close grill cover and cook for 5 minute Spread the glaze on the salmon (1 tablespoons per salmon portion or 1/3 Celsius per salmon side).
- Close grill and continue to cook about 5 to 7 minute more. Cook just until fish is lightly translucent in the center. It will finish cooking from retained heat. Remove from the grill and let rest a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with lime zest and serve with lime wedges.
- Alternate Cooking Method: Salmon can also be roasted in an oven preheated to 375°F or pan-seared and finished in the oven. Cook just until lightly translucent in the center; be sure to let the salmon rest a few minutes before serving.