Paris D's Note:
Increase the amount of salmon if you'd like. We turned 3/4 pound into 2 servings and divided the bulgur salad into 8 servings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups bulgur
- 2 1/3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups carrots (should be 2 cups after peeling and shredding)
- 1/2 lb tomato, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, make into tight bundle and slice very finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Saute garlic in teaspoon of oil.
- 2Combine bulgur and broth in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let stand for about 10 minutes, or until the broth is absorbed.
- 3Add sauteed garlic, shredded carrots, chopped tomato, sliced cucumber, cilantro, and mint to bulgur, mixing thoroughly.
- 4Heat the grill or broiler. Grill or broil the salmon for 4-5 on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 5Serve salmon with couscous vegetable salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Bulgur Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 92.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth