Recipe by Paris D
Increase the amount of salmon if you'd like. We turned 3/4 pound into 2 servings and divided the bulgur salad into 8 servings
- 1 1⁄3 cups bulgur
- 2 1⁄3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups carrots (should be 2 cups after peeling and shredding)
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, make into tight bundle and slice very finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in teaspoon of oil.
- Combine bulgur and broth in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Turn off heat and let stand for about 10 minutes, or until the broth is absorbed.
- Add sauteed garlic, shredded carrots, chopped tomato, sliced cucumber, cilantro, and mint to bulgur, mixing thoroughly.
- Heat the grill or broiler. Grill or broil the salmon for 4-5 on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve salmon with couscous vegetable salad.