Prep 9 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- spray rack of boiler pan with nonstick spray; preheat the broiler.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, mustard, and dill in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle on the broiler rack and spoon the brown sugar glaze on top.
- Position 7 inches from the heat and broil until lightly browned and just opaque in the center, about 6 minutes.
I made an adaptation to this recipe. I had bought a salmon filet that had already been marinaded in basil and garlic. So I made the glaze minus the dill. I also added 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbs soy sauce to the glaze. It was great. I grilled mine on a piece of foil so it wouldn't stick to the racks.
I loved it! I wasn't sure about the brown sugar - mustard - dill combination, but it was excellent, fast to make, and little clean up.
Excellent dish! Quick and easy to prepare. If you like the flavor of dill this won't disappoint you. Made for PAC Fall 07'. Thanks, Psugrl for posting