Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From our state newspaper and their Seven Recipes in Seven Days feature.
- 4 (150 g) salmon fillets (skin on)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch bok choy (tops trimmed, washed and quartered)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 chili (red chopped to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons salmon roe (a small jar optional but wonderful)
- coriander leaves (to serve)
- Place the salmon pieces on a plate and drizzle with the oil and season well.
- Prepare the bok choy and steam in a bamboo steamer.
- For the sauce combine the garlic, ginger, chilli, palm sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- When ready to serve cook the salmon skin side down over a moderate heat until the skin is welll coloured and then turn it over and cook the other side for a minute, leaving it rare in the middle or cook slightly longer if you prefer.
- To serve, place a bed of bok choy on each plate and top with the salmon and roe.
- Drizzle over the sauce.
- Steamed rice would be a great accompaniment to soak up those delicious juices.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves.
Wonderful meal. I did serve with rice on the side, this was spicy with wonderful flavors. So quick and easy after everything is chopped.
Beautiful Pat! No changes to a perfect recipe that we both really, really enjoyed!
Exquisite! This was one of the quickest and easiest recipes I have ever made with results at this level. The sauce is amazing and I think that seasoning the salmon well was a great thing to do, since it's such a simple cooking method. We enjoyed this with rice. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)