1/4 Photos of Salmon With Bok Choy, Asian Sauce and Salmon Roe
From our state newspaper and their Seven Recipes in Seven Days feature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (150 g) salmon fillets (skin on)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch bok choy (tops trimmed, washed and quartered)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 chili (red chopped to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons salmon roe (a small jar optional but wonderful)
- coriander leaves (to serve)
- 1Place the salmon pieces on a plate and drizzle with the oil and season well.
- 2Prepare the bok choy and steam in a bamboo steamer.
- 3For the sauce combine the garlic, ginger, chilli, palm sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- 4When ready to serve cook the salmon skin side down over a moderate heat until the skin is welll coloured and then turn it over and cook the other side for a minute, leaving it rare in the middle or cook slightly longer if you prefer.
- 5To serve, place a bed of bok choy on each plate and top with the salmon and roe.
- 6Drizzle over the sauce.
- 7Steamed rice would be a great accompaniment to soak up those delicious juices.
- 8Garnish with the coriander leaves.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Bok Choy, Asian Sauce and Salmon Roe
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 962.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: