Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From our state newspaper and their Seven Recipes in Seven Days feature.
Make and share this Salmon With Bok Choy, Asian Sauce and Salmon Roe recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (150 g) salmon fillets (skin on)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch bok choy (tops trimmed, washed and quartered)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 1 chili (red chopped to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons salmon roe (a small jar optional but wonderful)
- coriander leaves (to serve)
- Place the salmon pieces on a plate and drizzle with the oil and season well.
- Prepare the bok choy and steam in a bamboo steamer.
- For the sauce combine the garlic, ginger, chilli, palm sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- When ready to serve cook the salmon skin side down over a moderate heat until the skin is welll coloured and then turn it over and cook the other side for a minute, leaving it rare in the middle or cook slightly longer if you prefer.
- To serve, place a bed of bok choy on each plate and top with the salmon and roe.
- Drizzle over the sauce.
- Steamed rice would be a great accompaniment to soak up those delicious juices.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves.
Wonderful meal. I did serve with rice on the side, this was spicy with wonderful flavors. So quick and easy after everything is chopped.
Beautiful Pat! No changes to a perfect recipe that we both really, really enjoyed!
Exquisite! This was one of the quickest and easiest recipes I have ever made with results at this level. The sauce is amazing and I think that seasoning the salmon well was a great thing to do, since it's such a simple cooking method. We enjoyed this with rice. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)