This recipe calls for some of my favorite ingredients.... sesame oil, shitake mushrooms, ghili-garlic sauce just to name a few. Sooooo delish! Original recipe found in June, 08 edition of Bon Apetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, large, peeled, minced, divided
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I like Tamari)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (Chinese rice wine works well too)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, Asian
- 3/4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 4 salmon fillets, skinless (approx. 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bok choy, large, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 1Using a food processor combine 1 garlic clove, green onion, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, sesame oil, and chili-garlic sauce.
- 2In a glass baking dish, arrange salmon and coat with marinade. Let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- 3Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- 4On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange salmon, with some marinade still clinging. (Transfer the remaining marinade from the glass dish into a small sauce pan.).
- 5In the oven, roast the fish for about 8 minutes, or until just opaque in center.
- 6On the stove top over medium-high heat, bring the sauce to a boil and set aside to use a a glaze for the fish.
- 7Over a high flame, heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan.
- 8Add bok choy and mushrooms and remaining garlic.
- 9Stir fry veggies until bok choy is wilted and the mushrooms are tender (approx. 4 minutes). Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- 10Divide vegetables among four plates. Top with salmon and brush with glaze.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With Bok Choy and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 1384.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 71.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: