1/1 Photo of Salmon with Blackberry Butter
A flavorful and aromatic blackberry butter with salmon... delicious! Very Pacific Northwest. This recipe is actually quite easy to work with, and the results are worth it. The blackberry butter is also good on other things such as halibut and chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, place the shallot, half of the minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, and blackberries.
- 2Over high heat, reduce the liquid in the mixture to approximately 1 tablespoon, stirring, careful to not let it scorch or burn.
- 3Add the white wine and let it reduce again to approx 1 tablespoon of liquid.
- 4Add the port and reduce for until the mixture is syrupy (about 2-3 minutes).
- 5Lower heat to medium and gradually whisk in the butter (all but 3 Tbsp), a bit at a time, whisking continuously.
- 6To keep the butter from separating, the sauce must be kept warm but not hot.
- 7Remove the blackberry butter from the heat as the last of the butter is whisked in and immediately strain it into a small ceramic bowl.
- 8Season with salt to taste and divide into two portions; keep in warm place until ready to use.
- 9Melt the remaining 3 Tbsp butter in medium skillet; add the remaining minced garlic and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste, then over medium-high heat sauté the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes per side; remove fillets to plate (salmon won't be completely cooked).
- 11Return one portion of the blackberry butter to the skillet and re-heat over medium-high heat.
- 12Return salmon to skillet, cover, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes per side (carefully turning to keep fillets from breaking apart) or until cooked through.
- 13Garnish fillets with chopped chives and serve with remaining portion of blackberry butter (re-heat for 45 seconds in microwave) in a small serving container on the table.
- 14Serve with good, crusty bread, pilaf, and sugar snap peas or other veggie.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon with Blackberry Butter
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.3
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 212.3 mg
- Sodium 556.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 41.3 g