Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If not for salmon, used the fragrant oil to drizzle on corn, chicken, mozzarella, roasted veggies, pasta, or fresh bread. Oil can be stored in fridge in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Fill a bowl halfway with ice water.
- Set broiler on high.
- Remove skin from salmon. Place salmon on a foil-lined broiler pan and lightly season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Broil salmon until color is uniform and flakes with a fork, approx 7-10 minutes.
- While salmon is broiling, add basil to boiling pot and cook for 5 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer basil to ice water.
- Remove from water and let drain on a paper towel, then pat dry.
- Place basil, oil, pepper, and remaining salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Drizzle oil over salmon and serve.