If you like salmon and balsamic vinegar, then you'll love this dish. It's super quick and so easy to prepare. It's especially good with roasted vegetables and a mixed greens salad.
- Stir together vinegar, water, lemon juice and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12" nonstick skillet over moderately high heat but not smoking.
- Increase heat to high, add salmon skin side up, and sear until well browned (about 4 minutes).
- Turn fish over and sear until just cooked through (3 to 4 minutes more).
- Transfer salmon to plates and carefully add vinegar mixture to skillet (liquid will bubble vigorously and steam.).
- Simmer, stirring until thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup (about 2 minutes).
- Spoon glaze over salmon.