Recipe by Oolala
Copied from a cookbook that I took out of the library in my pre-Zaar days. Makes a nice light dinner.
Top Review by Paris D
This is SO good!!! Although, I would say that it makes enough salsa for an army of growing children LOL. But that's OK because the salsa is so good that I actually eat it plain for a snack. If you don't want so much extra salsa, just cut the salsa ingredients in half... but be forwarned that you'll wish you hadn't ;-) Bravo!
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup avocado, ripe, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced, seeded
- 1 cup cucumber, diced, seeded
- 4 pieces salmon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, green onion, basil, and salt.
- Fold in the avocado, tomato, and cucumber and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Rub the fish with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil about 4" from the heat for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with the salsa.