Recipe by mama smurf
Found in the Best Simple Recipes (America's Test Kitchen) cookbook. The picture looked delicious and it was a quick and simple yet elegant meal. Use asparagus spears that are at least 1/2 inch thick at the base so they do not overcook.
- 453.59 g thick asparagus, trimmed
- 236.59 ml water
- 4 (680.38-907.18 g) salmon fillets, skinless and 1-inch thick
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter (I have used regular)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay asparagus in single layer on bottom of a large skillet. Add water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to skillet. Season salmon with salt and pepper and lay across asparagus spears. Bring water to boil over high heat, cover and cook over medium heat until salmon is cooked through (just til it flakes) and asparagus is tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer asparagus and salmon to platter.
- Add wine to skillet, increase heat to medium-high and simmer mixture to reduce, 5 minutes. Off heat, whisk in butter and chives and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over salmon and asparagus. Serve with lemon wedges.