Recipe by andrea185
This is kind of a combination of a bunch of recipes that I've tried. The addition of the shallots on top was kind of a happy accident as I forgot to add them to the marinade and just put them on top. They bake into the fish and it's really yummy! Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about the juice of 1 lime)
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- salt & pepper
- 2 salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in shallow, non reactive dish and mix well.
- Put salmon in dish and coat with mixture.
- Lay sliced shallots on top and spoon some of marinade over top.
- Marinate in fridge for 30 min-1 hour.
- Place fish in baking dish, being careful not to disturb the shallots.
- Spoon a couple of tablespoons of marinade onto the fish.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake in 425 oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork, basting w/cooking juices about half-way through.