Recipe by ellie_
This is only 5 pts/serving and makes a complete meal! Recipe source: Great cooking Every Day
- 12 -16 white pearl onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup green lentil, cooked
- 1 small head frisee, rinsed and torn (curly endive)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to cover onions and bring to a boil. Add onions and simmer covered for 3-5 minutes.Drain. When cool enough to handle cut off the roots and peel away the tough skins.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium low heat melt butter and then add the onions, cook stirring often until golden brown (15 minutes). Stir in sugar and cook s tiring until onions are glazed (5 minutes). Add salt and pepper and keep warm.
- In a spice grinder or mortar and pestle combine the spices (coriander -peppercorns) and grind spices until coarsely ground. Rub both sides of the salmon with the spice mixture.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with Pam and set over high heat. Add salmon and cook turning once until fish is browned on the outside and opaque in the center (3-5 minutes per side).
- Divide and arrange the lentils on each of 4 plates. Place salmon in the middle of the lentils and garnish with the glazed onions and frisee.