1/1 Photo of Salmon With a Creamy Sauce on a Bed of Greens
I had fun creating this for the RSC contest-2009! I must say I loved it and I hope you do too! I had a great list of ingredients to pick from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1To make sauce:.
- 2Combine creme fraiche, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, dill, capers, lemon juice, horseradish and red pepper flakes, if using. Set aside.
- 3To cook greens:.
- 4In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat.Stir in the napa cabbage, green onions, and garlic. Saute 5 minutes, then turn down heat to medium, add water or broth and cover. Cook about 5 more minutes, till desirerd tenderness. Keep warm and set aside.
- 5To cook salmon:.
- 6Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat(I use same pan greens were cooked in or cook in separate skillet while greens are cooking). When hot, add salmon, skin side up(if it has skin on it). Sear until well browned, about 4-6 minutes. Turn the salmon over and sear other side until just cooked through, about 3-5 more minutes.
- 7To serve:.
- 8Divide the cooked napa cabbage evenly on 4 serving plates. Spread out a little to make a "bed". Place salmon on top of greens. Spoon sauce over top of salmon. Garnish with a little parsley or fresh dill, if desired. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon With a Creamy Sauce on a Bed of Greens
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.3
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 265.9 mg
- Sodium 747.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 66.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: