Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Salmon Wild Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fish stock or 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 lb salmon steak, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- Combine stock, vegetables, garlic, dry mustard and rosemary in slow cooker; cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Add the wild rice and ½ cup milk during the last 20 minutes.
- Add the salmon; cover and cook on high 10-15 minutes. Stir in combined remaining ½ cup milk and cornstarch, stirring 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle each bowl with bacon.