1/1 Photo of Salmon Whole Standing
Presentation of this is truly STRIKING!!......standing up on the platter!!!! I started out with a different recipe from this site. However I made so many changes I decided to enter my own recipe. Make it your own!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Ask your fish monger to not only gut it but also scale it and cut off the fins. Leave the tail in tact for presentation.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Stuff the cavity with the celery tops, green onions, lemon slices and ginger.
- 4Now, to make it stand up, wad a piece of tin foil as long as the opening and stuff it in the bottom.
- 5Stand your salmon up on a piece of heavy tin foil longer that it is. If your tin foil is very wide, put another piece over top and seal after adding a few splashes of wine. If your foil is narrow, attach a piece to each side and the seal up the center. Don't wrap the tin foil in a manner that is comes in contact with the fish skin if you intend to serve it with the skin on.
- 6Bake for 35-45 minutes for a 9 lb salmon. Adjust a bit for size. You can peak in the top and insert a fork to test for doneness.
- 7Open and transfer to a large cutting board or platter for serving.
- 8My preference is to take all the skin off, except the head and tail. It will come off easily. Garnish at will.
- 9Serve with Cucumber Dip With Fresh Dill and/or sour cream.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Whole Standing
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g