Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Salmon and spinach wraped in a puff pastry. Perfect for easy entertaining or a romantic dinner for two.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Clean and stem the spinach. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Saute the garlic for a few minutes before adding the spinach, salt and pepper. Cook the spinach only until wilted. Set aside.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions, keep warm.
- Take sheet of puff pastry, and roll out to flatten and seal seams. Cut into four squares. Place 1/4 spinach in the center of one pastry square. Place a salmon fillet, better side down on the spinach. Wrap the pastry by bringing the opposite corners of pastry into the center, until salmon and spinach are covered. Brush lightly with egg wash. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Turn the Wellingtons over, so that the flat, smooth side is the top. Brush top with egg wash. Place on a baking tray lined with the parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray and bake 15 to 18 minutes or until pastry has turned golden brown.
- Serve with hollandaise sauce.
Oh my, this was wonderful! Had no clue what to expect as I've never made anything like this before. We all loved this, however noses starting turning up at the mention of hollandaise so I used a mustard cream sauce from a different recipe. My roommates have dubbed this the amazing "fish pocket".
What a wonderful combination of flavors! I was looking for a way to dress up salmon, and this was great. I used fresh baby spinach and sauteed it with sliced mushrooms and a splash of lemon juice. I also substituted phyllo dough for the puff pastry because the puff pastry had too much trans fats. It turned out really good. Big kudos from the family! Thank you!
Having made something similar while I was a culinary intern about 10 years ago I went looking for this type of recipe. This was absolutely wonderful. I served these delectable delights to my in-laws and my mom-in-law was still raving about what a wonderful meal she had a week later! I used a pkg hollandaise sauce mix (quick and easy) and frozen, wild pacific salmon fillets. Served w/ steamed veggies, a side salad, and white wine...Yummy!Thanks for sharing such a great and simple recipe.