Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This creamy salmon and watercress lasagne makes a simple yet stunning main course. Cream of leek soup can be used instead of the cream for even more flavor!
- 2 ounces watercress
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin removed, pin-boned and cut into 1in cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 8 lasagna sheets, cooked
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 ounces butter
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh watercress, to serve
- extra virgin olive oil
- Set the oven to 350°F Lightly grease an ovenproof dish. Place the salmon cubes into a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the mustard, stirring thoroughly to coat the salmon.
- Lay half of the lasagne sheets in the bottom of the prepared dish and scatter over the salmon pieces and the watercress.
- Top with the remaining pasta sheets, sprinkle over a little fresh thyme and dot evenly with butter.
- Pour over the heavy cream or soup and scatter over the grated cheese. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling and serve immediately accompanied by a salad of watercress leaves dressed with extra virgin oil.