Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) cans red salmon, drained and mashed
- 3 stalks celery, diced finely
- 1 large apple, chopped finely
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Mix all the ingredients except the lettuce leaves.
- To serve, place lettuce leaf on plate and fill with 1/4 of the salmon mixture.
I was going to post something along these lines. Glad it already here. This can also be made lighter with a heavy Greek-style strained yogurt.
I really liked this recipe. Actually I made half the recipe -- was just the right size for DH and me. It is a cool, crunchy salad and it makes a great summer lunch or supper. Next time I will try toasting the walnuts. Thanks for posting this, Pixie. (My favorite parakeet was named Pixie -- it's a good name!) Lorraine
i like the combination of textures and always am looking for canned salmon recipes and this one is easy and cold for hot days used pink salmon cause its cheaper ,dee