Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in small bowl to blend.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Evenly space three 1/2-inch deep slits crosswise in top of salmon (don't cut through).
- Arrange asparagus in even layer on rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Place salmon on top of the asparagus; season with salt& pepper.
- Roast until salmon is just opaque in center-- about 20 minutes.
- Arrange on serving platter and drizzle with sauce.
Easy, quick, & delicious -- this is an excellent recipe for a busy weeknight!
A delicious and easy dish, but elegant enough for company! Just about any light sauce would be good...including something taking it in an Asian direction.
What a lovely and easy way to make a dish in no time at all. I, too, doubled the sauce and served small new patatoes with it! Brilliant!!