Recipe by chia
This is a low-fat elegant dish from gourmet magazine. The sauce adds a nice flavor. Not the usual "fish" ingredients.
Top Review by Trixyinaz
OMG! This was GREAT. I reduced this recipe for 1 and it turned out fab. I didn't buy any shallots so I used regular onion (from the spice rack) and it still was very tasty. Very easy and less than 15 minutes cooking time and prep time. My kind of recipe. The sauce had a unique flavor to it. It's hard to describe, but I felt it complimented the salmon perfectly. This is a keeper and something I will make when we have dinner guests. Thanks Chia for sharing!
- 6 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 cup merlot
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan bring sugar and 2 tbsp water to boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in vinegar and shallot.
- Return to heat, stir in wine, reduce to 1/4 cup.
- Stir in broth, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 tbsp water and add to thicken sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan, add salmon, sauté until cooked, about 3 minutes per side serve sauce over salmon.