Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a low-fat elegant dish from gourmet magazine. The sauce adds a nice flavor. Not the usual "fish" ingredients.
- 6 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 cup merlot
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In saucepan bring sugar and 2 tbsp water to boil, stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in vinegar and shallot.
- Return to heat, stir in wine, reduce to 1/4 cup.
- Stir in broth, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 tbsp water and add to thicken sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan, add salmon, sauté until cooked, about 3 minutes per side serve sauce over salmon.
OMG! This was GREAT. I reduced this recipe for 1 and it turned out fab. I didn't buy any shallots so I used regular onion (from the spice rack) and it still was very tasty. Very easy and less than 15 minutes cooking time and prep time. My kind of recipe. The sauce had a unique flavor to it. It's hard to describe, but I felt it complimented the salmon perfectly. This is a keeper and something I will make when we have dinner guests. Thanks Chia for sharing!
Christmas Eve. My wife tells me: Salmon and green beans. Was not really excited... Anyway, we grilled the salmon (we are trying to loose a few pounds -no really , just a few pounds-) This sauce was so good!!!!! This recipe is exceptional: -fast -few ingredients -absolutely, absolutely delicious. Chia: thank you!!! I am going to check your other recipes right away
This recipe is supurb, the sauce is really fantastic. I followed the recipe exactly and there is nothing you could do to make it better. A definate keeper. Thanks Chia