Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely dice
- 12 ounces salmon
- 4 teaspoons chives, Snipped
- 4 teaspoons parsley, Freshly chopped
- to taste black pepper, Freshly ground
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (fresh)
- Heat oil in pan and cook onion and peppers 2-3mins till onion softens.
- salmon, breadcrumbs, chives, parsley and onion mixture in a bowl.
- Season lightly with pepper.
- Fold egg whites in lightly.
- Spoon into lightly greased and lined loaf tin.
- Bake 350F 45 mins or till firm.
- Stand 10 mins before turning out. Cut into slices to serve.
This was really good!! We used 2 cans of salmon (for 15 oz. total), and included the liquid. Used a whole red pepper instead of half; and had it with just a touch of dill added, and lemon juice on the side. Accompanied it with rice and a mixture of beans (yellow and green) and baby carrots. The entire meal cost about $3.00 and was like eating in a fancy restaurant! For simplicity, ease, and eating enjoyment, this unpretentious table is hard to beat...
This is excellent! It was enjoyed by everyone in my family .. I will definitely make it again!! thanks!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm...I omitted the oil, used a whole red pepper, a whole white onion, a leftover garlic clove (minced), used fresh parsley, basil, and rosemary, threw in some sundried tomatoes (had to get rid of them), used crushed, toasted low-cal whole grain bread for the breadcrumbs. However, after I folded in the eggs, it looked a little dry, so I added over 1/2 cup water. The loaf turned out fine, a little mushier than I'd like, but I think if anyone adds water, don't add more than 1/3-1/2 a cup. Other than that, my mom and I LOVED this!! WONDERFUL, FANTABULOUS FLAVOR! BOY, WAS IT YUMMMMMMMMMY! (AND EASY!)