Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Serve this salad to family or friends on a hot summer day for not only something delicious, but healthy as well.
- 4 ounces corkscrew macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 lb) can salmon
- salad greens
- Cook macaroni til al dente; drain.
- Mix Italian dressing with hot macaroni; cool.
- Blend together mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard.
- Stir in onions, olives, parsley, cucumber, celery, garlic salt and pdpper.
- Add drained salmon, broken into chunks; mix lightly.
- Chill 2 hours or more before serving on crisp greens.
- You can substitute tuna if you don't care for salmon.
- Cook time is chill time.
I can't believe I have not reviewed this yet. Made as directed, this is a great recipe. Excellent flavor combinations and easy to prepare. It is also budget friendly, especially if you use pink salmon instead of red. (I haven't tried tuna yet but I will update this review when I do.) The star rating is for the "as is" recipe, not after applying modifications for my personal taste. You will not regret giving this a try.<br/>Some of the modifications I have tried with great success...<br/>Sub fresh dill weed for (or in addition to) the parsley.<br/>Sub a bag or two of fresh or frozen Cheese Tortellini for the spirals.<br/>Leave out the pasta and use the salad to stuff jumbo shells (Don't forget the Italian dressing step) or lettuce leaves. This works great where a finger food salad might be desirable and/or the presentation is a factor.<br/>I always use more ripe olives cause I love em.<br/>Try it with Chipotle Mayo if you want it with a bit of a kick.
This was the perfect combination of zip-tang for my leftover salmon! I did add two tablespoons of honey to the sauce mixture because I love the combination of sour-sweet. Even though I didn't have any celery on hand (just back in town) this salad was super! Thanks!