Recipe by Montana Heart Song
A can of salmon, vine ripe tomatoes, cheese slices,toast.You have a brunch or meal served in 20 minutes. Fast easy. Photos are open face sandwiches. I serve with sliced chilled pears.
Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
Came out REALLY good. I gave the recipe to my DH after he'd already started chopping up some onion so we added diced onion as well as green pepper to the mix. They came out looking restaurant-quality and super yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon, drained
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 saltine crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 -6 slices whole wheat bread or 4 -6 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 4 -6 teaspoons margarine or 4 -6 teaspoons butter
- 4 -6 slices American cheese or 4 -6 slices Velveeta cheese
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- For Salmon Spread:.
- In large bowl, add salmon, lemon juice, crackers, mayonnaise or Miracle Whip and dill weed. Mix and then set aside.
- Beat egg white until fluffy.
- Fold in to Salmon mixture.
- Toast bread and spread with margarine or butter.
- Pile salmon spread on each toast slice.
- Cut vine ripe tomatoes in slices; add a medium slice on top of salmon.
- Add a slice of cheese on top.
- Place all on baking tray.
- Broil at 450°F for 5 minutes. Cut diagonally or in half and serve as finger food or with knife and fork.
- For Salmon Patties:.
- Mix salmon, whole egg, not separated, lemon juice, crackers, mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, dill weed. Form into patties.
- Spray Pam into frying pan, cook on both sides until slightly browned.
- Put on toast, add tomato slices and cheese and broil at 450°F for five minutes.
- Note: You may also serve the salmon patties with other vegetables as a main dish.