Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe is from Bal Arneson, Cooking Channel. I love Chicken Tikka and this idea of Salmon Tikka skewers sounds delish! Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Starrynews
Great preparation for salmon! The marinade is flavorful and makes the fish nice and moist. The red and orange bell pepper matches wonderfully with the salmon. I used reusable metal skewers I have instead of soaking wooden skewers just for ease. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder (this is Indian chili powder and it is very hot, therefore, you may want to reduce the amount if you )
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb piece salmon (skin removed and cut into 20 chunks about 1-inch each)
- 1 small orange bell pepper, cut into 16 equal pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 16 equal pieces
- vegetable oil (for the grill)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- 4 long wooden skewers (soaked overnight to prevent burning)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the marinade: Whisk the yogurt, cilantro, tomato paste, ginger, lemon juice, brown sugar, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, chili powder, garlic and salt and pepper together until well blended.
- For the skewers: Thread the pieces of salmon and peppers onto the skewers, using 5 pieces of salmon for each skewer and 4 each of the peppers, alternating them so the peppers are between the pieces of salmon. Place them in a dish that will accommodate them in a single layer and pour over the marinade. Turn the skewers a few times, making sure they are well coated, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an indoor grill or a barbeque grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grill, remove the skewers from the marinade and sprinkle them with salt. Place on the grill and cook about 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Skewers are done when the fish is firm and slightly charred.