Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A complete meal made from the pantry. Can use leftover salmon instead of canned. From Pop It, Stir It, Fix It, Serve It.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 15 ounces salmon, drained
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 7 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (optional) or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking dish or pan with cooking oil or nonstick spray. Drain the pasta, then place it in the baking dish so that it’s spread along the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Remove skin and bones (if desired) from salmon, then place it in a medium saucepan.
- Add evaporated milk, soup, mushrooms with liquid, wine or Sherry, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to salmon.
- Cook over medium heat until everything is blended, the cheese has melted, and mixture begins to boil. Pour the mixture evenly over the noodles in the baking dish.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the remaining Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. When it’s ready, the top should be crisp with bubbling and browning around the edges.
I really enjoyed this a lot! It's an already low fat dish but I used fat free evaporated milk and the lower fat mushroom soup. It gives an "old fashioned comfort food that your mama made" feel to dinner. I finely chopped a slice of onion and softened it in the micro to add and that was nice. I love the top, it made the whole thing perfect. This is just the thing for comfy home family dinners.