Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Salmon really suits oriental flavours and particularly quick-mix teriyaki sauce.
Make and share this Salmon Teriyaki With Garlic Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 pak choi, each cut in 3-4 long wedges
- olive oil, for brushing
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 4 ounces medium rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- splash sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- fresh gingerroot
- toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the teriyaki ingredients (soy sauce, mirin and sugar) in a small pan. Bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar, then bubble for about 3 mins till thickened.
- Cook the noodles and drain. Preheat the broiler and put a steamer on. Lay the salmon, skin-side down, on an oiled baking sheet, brush with olive oil, season with pepper and grill for 3 minutes Meanwhile, steam the pak choi for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat both the oils for the noodles in a wok, tip in the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute
- Add the noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute Keep the noodles and pak choi warm.
- Turn the salmon over, brush with teriyaki sauce, and grill for 1 minute Brush again to glaze. Serve with noodles and pak choi, top with scallions, ginger and sesame seeds, and drizzle with remaining sauce.
- GIVE IT A FANCY FINISH:.
- Cut shreds of scallion and fresh root ginger, and leave in water in the fridge to crisp and curl. Scatter over the salmon.