1/1 Photo of Salmon Teriyaki Baked in Foil Packets
I make sure to note in all my recipes involving salmon to use the brand True North Salmon. I absolutely believe it makes a difference in the quality of the finished dish. If you cant find True North, look for Atlantic Salmon from Gulf of Maine or Canada. This too is a good fresh option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced, rinsed and drained
- 4 small red chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 4 (6 ounce) true north salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1In a stainless bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ketchup, rice wine vinegar, sugar, garlic and 1 tbs of grated ginger. Place the salmon in a shallow nonmetallic dish. Pour the mixture over the salmon, toss well and marinate for about 30 minutes while you prepare the leeks.
- 2Place a large stainless saute pan over high heat. Add the olive oil, 2 tbs chopped ginger and the leeks and quickly saute them for 3 minutes. Lightly season the leeks with salt. Remove them from the pan and allow to cool on a tray.
- 3Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay out four large squares of heavy duty aluminum foil on the table (aprox, 18 x 12 inch.) Fold them in thirds and open them back up. In the center of the foil, place a small mound of the cooked leeks and top with the marinated salmon, include the marinade. Garnish the salmon with the chile pepper slices and fold the foil over to form a sealed packet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more packets.
- 4Set the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes in a convection (with fan) oven or 20 minutes in a regular oven.
- 5Open each packet carefully. There is going to be a small burst of hot steam. Slide the cooked fish and vegetables out onto a plate, with any juices. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Teriyaki Baked in Foil Packets
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 978.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice wine vinegar