Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on the Food Network Courtesy of Ricardo Larrivée, Ricardo and Friends. I love this recipe and will now be my go-to recipe for Salmon. I didn't have mirin so I used cream sherry instead. Turned out excellent.
- 1⁄2 cup sake or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1.Place all the sauce ingredients (first 7 listed) in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce until 125 ml (1/2 cup) remains, about 12 minutes.
- 2.In a non-stick grill pan or skillet over medium heat, sear the salmon on both sides. Add the sauce and continue cooking, spooning the sauce over the fish, until desired doneness, about 3 minutes.
- 3.Garnish with green onions and serve with steamed jasmine rice and Green Vegetable Tempura (see recipe).