Recipe by Bobtail
This is from one of my mother's cookbooks "Vineyard Seasonings" by Susan Branch. I have not had this, but if you try it, I hope you enjoy it. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Mirj
This was so much fun to make! The only major change was that I used smallish pumpernickel rolls, so everyone had their own individual serving. We don't eat Worcestershire sauce so I used a bit of soy sauce instead. Everyone loved this, I thought the capers were the best bit! I made this as one of my Thank You reviews for the Cameraless Chefs game.
- 1⁄2 lb smoked salmon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 green onions
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, Tabasco recommended
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 1 whole pumpernickel bread (round loaf)
- 1 (16 ounce) package pumpernickel cocktail bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the salmon, cream cheese, onions, Worcestershire, lemon juice, milk and hot sauce in food processor.
- Blend till smooth.
- Stir in capers.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut off the top of the pumpernickel loaf and hollow it out.
- Fill with the salmon mixture and serve with the cocktail bread.
- You may want to save the inside of the loaf and make your own croutons with it.