Recipe by Moody
A healthier alternative to most stuffed potatoes. It came from a calendar I got at the grocery store a few years ago. A meal in a spud.
Top Review by Jen T
This made a great supper dish on Saturday night. I served this with a tossed salad of baby green leaves and cherry tomatoes. A good blend of flavours. Another 'keeper' in my book. :)
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk, heated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup small broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup flaked canned salmon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the potatoes& poke with a fork so they don't explode.
- Wrap in paper towels& cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- If your microwave doesn't have a turntable inside it, turn the potatoes yourself a few times during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice a bit off the top of each potato, and scoop out the flesh, leaving a bit of a wall near the skin.
- Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, Dijon, salt& pepper until blended.
- Mix in the salmon, broccoli, lemon rind, dill& Feta then stuff the potatoes gently, so as not to break the skins.
- Put potatoes on a baking sheet& bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of the potatoes are golden brown.