Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy! My sons favorite stir fry meal.
- 1 (3 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canalaska salmon, drained and flaked and reserving liquid or 1 cup previously cooked salmon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (smoetimes I use canned baby corn instead)
- Break up ramen noodles and cook according to package directions, but not using seasoning packet.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In small saucepan, mix cornstarch, seasoning packet from noodles, water, reserved salmon liquid (if using canned salmon), soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and ginger.
- Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils; continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.
- In large saucepan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add frozen stir-fry vegetables and water chestnuts.
- Stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add salmon; cover and cook 1 minute.
- Add noodles and sauce; stir gently and heat through.