Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favorite recipe from my mother-in-law. My boys devour it and always want seconds, thirds, etc...! Enjoy!
- Steam potatoes til soft, drain water.
- Using a Dutch oven, add milk, salmon, potatoes, butter, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat stirring constantly for approximately 20 minutes.
- Do not allow to boil or milk will curdle.
- Remove from heat and serve with crackers.
Just made this, was a bit confused about using milk but it came out really nice. I added brocolli and whole tinned carrots about halfway through, a bit of paprika and a fair bit of pepper. Really wholesome, liked it.
This recipe is similar to the one my mother would make except she chopped an onion and boiled it with the potatoes,it gave it a wonderful flavor my kids loved it and now they are cooking it for their own familys ,it's simple and delicious.