- 2 (16 ounce) cans salmon, de-boned and cleaned
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 4 1⁄2 cups of cold whole milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salmon, potatoes, heavy cream, garlic salt, and 4 cups whole milk (reserve 1/2 cup for later, keep cold) in a large thick-bottomed pot. Heat on high until a rapid boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes or until potatoes begin to become tender.
- Dissolve corn starch in reserved 1/2 cup cold whole milk. Slowly add to stew mixture. Simmer at least 5 minutes. Stew will thicken.
- Serve with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.