Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets (1 inch cubes)
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2-1 fresh hot green chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces very ripe tomatoes (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grind the mustard seeds corsley in a clean coffee grinder or spice grinder.
- In a shallow bowl large enough to hold the fish,.
- combine mustard seeds, chilli, cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, cayenne, tomatoes and mustard oil.
- Mix well.
- Add the water and the fish and mix gently.
- Cover with a plate or aluminium foil and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the covered bowl in the steaming utensil, cover the utensil and steam genty for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl, toss its contents gently to mix, then cover bowl and put back in the utensil.
- Cover the utensil and steam for 10-15 minutes or until fish pieces are opaque.