Recipe by JustJanS
We were lucky to buy a beautiful piece of the freshest salmon I have ever eaten while on holidays. This is how we ate it!
Top Review by I'mPat
The salmon is wonderful in its simplicity perfectly cooked in the 10 minutes. I did 3 fillets and made the wasavi mayonnaise as per the recipe for 2 and as this was my first time using wasabi I started with 1/3 teaspoon of the wasabi tasted and built it up and ended up using the full teaspoon and really enjoyed it but found the mayonnaise rather rich (S&W full egg real mayonnaise) so only used a couple of teaspoons and the DM had a taste but wasn't keen on it but the DS was happy to eat and even ended up spreading some on his sandwich with chicken but next time would only do a half recipe. Thank you Jan for a first good experience with wasabi, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 15.
- 400 g salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used Best's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200c degrees.
- Cut salmon into 2 steaks.
- Rub salmon steak with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place skin side down on a baking sheet and cook in pre-heated oven about 10 minutes or until done to your liking-I like mine quite rare.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients together for a sauce and serve alongside the cooked salmon steak.