Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We really enjoyed this fish dish -- instead of the fish indicated in the original recipe (swordfish) I used salmon steaks which are less expensive and easier for me to buy where I live. Recipe source: 200 Barbecue Recipes
- 4 salmon steaks (see note in description)
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (see recipe below or buy your favorite glaze)
For the salad
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed (the original recipe uses both yellow and green beans)
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, torn
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, torn
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Rub fish with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Make salad by cooking the beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and pat dry. Place beans in a bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients (nuts - herbs).
- Whisk dressing ingredients together. Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Toss.
- Cook fish on a hot grill for 1-3 minutes per side. Wrap with foil and set aside to rest for 3 minutes. Arrange on plates and drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve with bean salad.
- *To make the balsamic glaze: pour 15 oz in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until vinegar is reduced to 4 oz. Set aside to cool.
made this for an early dinner today. glaze for fish was pretty good. the salad had great flavors. worked with fish very well. very simple dish that had a restraunt quality to it. i'll make this again.