Recipe by malka margulies
This is so good and completely fat free. It comes out crispy and delicious. I got it from The Montreal Gazette, many years ago & it has been one of my favorite fish recipe.
Top Review by Manda
Oh, this is the BEST salmon I have ever eaten!! Even the "non-fish" eaters in my house went for this one! Served it with cooked broccoli, and fried rice, and it was wonderful! I think the sauce would be good on other fish too, and maybe even chicken. Wonderful balance of flavors. Thanks for posting:) ~Manda
- 1⁄3 cup light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry or 2 tablespoons sweet japanese rice wine (Mirin)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 salmon steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Make marinade in a small saucepan, combining the soya sauce, rice wine, vinegar, sugar, ginger and garlic.
- Simmer until sugar dissolves and liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Pour into a pan large enough to hold salmon steaks in a single layer.
- Cool to room temperature, add fish, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning fish occasionally in marinade.
- Bake in oven at 400 and on broil for the last 3 minutes on each side.