Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super simple and undeniably healthy. I served it on a bed of fresh salad greens with lemon juice and some sea salt.
- 1 large lemon, juice of (or 2 small)
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 salmon steaks (or fillets about 5 ounces each)
- Place lemon juice and chicken broth in medium saucepan with cover.
- Add raw salmon steaks.
- Bring liquid to slow boil over medium-low heat.
- Reduce heat slightly, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Flip salmon over, cover, and continue to simmer 5 more minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
Nice basic, easy-to-make fish recipe! I made as directed and wouldn't change a thing. I served as you suggested over salad greens with some tomatoes. Thanks for posting the recipe!
I, too, used fillets. This is a great basic recipe that can be modified to add different touches. I used seafood broth instead of chicken, which I think worked out quite well. I did add a touch of seasoning and a squeeze of lemon the poached salmon, and drizzled with the reduced poaching liquid - a bit of butter or glug of white wine would have been a good addition. A nice change from the usual sauteed fish.
Very good fish -- I used fillets, and the leftovers were also good cold tossed in a salad for lunch. Thanks for sharing!