Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not sure where I copied this from.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 cup flour, seasoned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock, heated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 cup cream, heated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeded, sliced thick
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Dredge salmon in flour sprinkled with paprika and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and chives; cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- Pour in chicken stock, add Tabasco, ginger, season well and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with water and stir into sauce and cook for one minute over low heat.
- Stir in cream and bring to a quick boil and then remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan . Add salmon and cook 4 minutes over medium high heat.
- Turn fish over and season well and cook another 4 minutes.
- Turn fish over again and cook another 7 minutes. Turn fish over during this time a bit.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoons butter in another frying pan and add cucumbers.
- Cook 3-4 minutes over medium high heat.
- Simmer lemon sauce over low heat and when warmed, serve with fish and sauteed cucumber.