Recipe by Peter J
Last week I went to a place called 'The Salmon Shop' and came back heavily loaded, I'm determined to eat all the 30 salmon cutlets in a different way! This is an original recipe I came up with, note the amount of chili and pepper gives quite a spicy result, some might like to reduce the quantity.
Top Review by ImAGourmetChef
This is an excellent entree to serve to guests, and I bet they have never had it! My guests loved it and asked for the recipe so they can have it often. No better compliment than that! I served the steaks with a Strawberry and glazed pecan Salad with Raspberry dressing and it was an amazing meal!
- 500 g salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 4 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush strawberries in a mortar & pestle. Don't go overboard because the sauce looks nicer with a thick texture.
- Mix all ingredients except salmon, oil and garlic well in a bowl and place in refrigerator (can be done ahead of time).
- Cook Salmon on a BBQ or grill. I used a medium BBQ plate for around seven minutes a side.
- Place garlic and olive oil in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Lightly sautee garlic for five minutes.
- Add the sauce mix to saucepan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't let the sauce boil hard, just simmer.
- Once the fish is cooked plate up and pour over the sauce.
- Serve with fresh salad and/or light vegetables.