Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
We like salmon and or tuna spreads and I made this one day when we wanted a little extra "kick" to the spread. I did not use any salt as I did not think it needed any but feel free to use salt to your liking. This can of course also be made with tuna.
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 (7 ounce) can salmon
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Mash the boiled eggs with a fork.
- Drain salmon and discard skin and bones
- Add salmon to eggs and mash together.
- Add onions and capers and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise with pepper, chili flakes, horseradish, lemon juice and vinegar (I use white balsamic vinegar).
- Add dressing to salmon/eggs and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.