winter rowand's Note:
OK so I work in the seafood dept of a Dillons' in Lawrence Ks and I make this spread at work to sample out the different flavors of salmon we cook. I'm always being asked to write the recipe down, so I figured I'd share it with you all also since I'm typing up recipe cards for it. Anyhow, just a reminder you can use smoked salmon also and this spread makes about 40 oz. To cut this recipe down and make it thicker, leave everything the same except the salmon and the sour cream. Make sure you lessen them in equal parts. Also I use leftover cold cooked salmon in my dip when smoked salmon is not readily available so the dip tastes a little different every time due to the spices used to cook the fish in. So this is just a basic and adjust horseradish to your own taste. I don't use a lot of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked cold salmon or 1 lb smoked salmon, flaked and deboned
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 6 green onions, chopped whites and all
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 sprigs fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons daddy hinkles liquid meat marinade or 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1Mix together cream cheese and sour cream till smooth
- 2Add horseradish, lemon juice and Daddy Hinkles; mix well.
- 3Then add onions and dill mix well again
- 4Finally add the salmon
- 5Mix everything till well blended.
- 6Serve right a way as a dip or refrigerate and use as a spread. I hope you all enjoy this--know the guest at the 23rd Street Dillons do lol.
- 7Oh yeah, I serve this on crackers--usually just Ritz at work, but it is so good on the new Keebler cornbread crackers--yum!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Spread
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 31.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: