Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this was posted in our Sunday paper, I havent tried it yet but it looks as if it might be yummy.I should imagine it might be good with a little cream cheese or sour cream mixed in.
- 1⁄2 cup capers, drained
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- In a food processor pulse capers until coarsely chopped.
- Add salmon, dill, oil and lemon zest; pulse until salmon is finely chopped and well mixed.
- stir in red onion.
- serve with your favorite crackers.
Tastes great! The flavors all work very nicely together. I was a little leery with all the capers (and the grocery folks thought I was nuts buying so many of the little caper jars! LOL) but it was fine. I did not put in a full complement of red onions since we find they tend to be quite strong.