Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very simple and doesn't require cooking. The ingredients, including the salmon, are very lightly cooked, so make sure your salmon is very fresh and of very good quality - sushi quality if possible. Add other ingredients as you feel like it. You can first stir-fry any ingredients that you want a bit more cooked. I add some pre-cooked noodles as the bottom layer if I'm feeling hungry!
- 1 small of skinless and boneless salmon fillet, sliced into slices about 1/2 inch thick (sashimi style)
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 1 scallion, chopped finely
- 2 ounces tofu, cut in very small cubes (firm)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant miso soup mix
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Put the kettle on to boil.
- While the kettle boils, layer all the ingredients (except water, miso, tabasco and soy) in a bowl (I use the bowl I'll be eating from). I usually put scallion on the bottom, then the tofu, then spinach and finally salmon on top.
- Put the miso mix, tabasco and soy sauce in a cup.
- As soon as the kettle boils, quickly pour 1/2 cup boiling water into the cup with the miso mix etc., and 1 cup of boiling water on top of the salmon etc.
- Stir the water and miso mixture until well dissolved and pour into the bowl that contains the water and salmon.
- Mix well, and taste. Season with more soy, tabasco etc. if needed.
- Serve immediately. The boiling water will lightly cook the salmon and spinach, and the longer you leave it before eating, the more cooked the salmon will be.